FRANK & CO was first introduced in 2015 and has now gained a following with its weekly art e-newsletter focused on the visual arts in Wisconsin. In 2018, it has kicked off the new year with its first FRANK & CO podcast. This adds another layer to the art resource.
Podcasts topics range from such as but not limited to: studio practice to the creative process, entrepreneurship to philanthropy, studio challenges to social media strategies, and whatever else feeds the creative soul. We are currently accepting inquiries for this podcast. Podcasts take place inside the studio, gallery, art center, etc.
We kick off our first podcast with Cedarburg-based painter, Amy Soczka. Click here to hear her interview.
All inquiries can be submitted via the link below. Simply scroll to the bottom of the page to access the Contact Form.
FRANK & CO WI Art e-newsletter
About FRANK & CO
FRANK & CO Wisconsin art e-newsletter is committed to introducing you to such as but not limited to: exhibitions, events, and news from Wisconsin artists, artist run galleries, pop up art shows, art groups, and art centers. This e-newsletter comes out every Sunday at 7pm (CST). Subscribe today.
Call to Artists
W62N580 Washington Avenue
Cedarburg, Wisconsin 53012
- June 1-17: Submissions accepted
- June 18 – June 24: Artists notified
- June 25 – July 1: Drop off work
- July 8: Show opens w/artists’ reception from 6PM to 8PM
- August 13: Show closes
August 14-31: Pick up unsold art
I became a fan of the Beatles in high school and I grew to appreciate them even more when I was in my 30’s. I love their catchy tunes, simple harmonies and the emotions their music evokes. To me, there’s nothing like listening to “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” when I need to be inspired or motivated.
Regardless of age, gender, social status or race, the music of the Beatles has entertained and inspired so many of us. As such, it seems logical for me to choose the band for this year’s summer show. Inspired by The Beatles will run July 8 through August 13.
- All 2D and 3D mediums are eligible for submission:
- Must be original work;
- Regardless of medium, the art must fit the theme;
- Completed work (including frame, if appropriate) can be no larger than 12” in any direction;
- Work must have been created in the last 12-months and have not been exhibited anywhere in Ozaukee County.
- All work submitted must be for sale;
- Artist is responsible to ensure that all work is ready to hang or display.
- Interested artists should submit the following to email@example.com:
- Submit up to 3 high-res images in JPEG format;
- Label your digital art file with the title and your name.
- Ex: When I’m 64_Zeb Chelsnick;
- Artist Resume with biography, and information regarding current and previous gallery representation;
- Submissions accepted June 1-17, 2017;
- Jury will review submissions and notify artists via email by June 24;
- Delivery of work to The Pink Llama Gallery June 25 through July 1;
- Show will open July 8, 2017, with an artists’ reception from 6PM to 8PM (artists in the show are encouraged to attend);
- Show runs through August 21, 2017:
- Artwork must be picked up at the gallery by August 31, 2017, no exceptions.
- Sales will be cash and carry unless the buyer is local and agrees to the art remaining onsite for the duration of the show;
- Artist will receive 60% of the sale and gallery 40%.
- Accepted artwork must be in good repair, ready for display and/or ready to hang;
- Any work that requires hanging must be wired;
- Only 1-piece per artist will initially be selected for showing;
- Replacements may be eligible if cash and carry (artist will be contacted).
For additional information about this show, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts
51 Sheboygan Street
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
This is an event you do not want to miss.
Limited space for artists to participate.
Please register by contacting Amy Jarvis at ajacksonjarvis(at)icloud.com.