Call to Artists
W62N580 Washington Avenue
Cedarburg, Wisconsin 53012
- June 1-17: Submissions accepted
- June 18 – June 24: Artists notified
- June 25 – July 1: Drop off work
- July 8: Show opens w/artists’ reception from 6PM to 8PM
- August 13: Show closes
August 14-31: Pick up unsold art
I became a fan of the Beatles in high school and I grew to appreciate them even more when I was in my 30’s. I love their catchy tunes, simple harmonies and the emotions their music evokes. To me, there’s nothing like listening to “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” when I need to be inspired or motivated.
Regardless of age, gender, social status or race, the music of the Beatles has entertained and inspired so many of us. As such, it seems logical for me to choose the band for this year’s summer show. Inspired by The Beatles will run July 8 through August 13.
- All 2D and 3D mediums are eligible for submission:
- Must be original work;
- Regardless of medium, the art must fit the theme;
- Completed work (including frame, if appropriate) can be no larger than 12” in any direction;
- Work must have been created in the last 12-months and have not been exhibited anywhere in Ozaukee County.
- All work submitted must be for sale;
- Artist is responsible to ensure that all work is ready to hang or display.
- Interested artists should submit the following to email@example.com:
- Submit up to 3 high-res images in JPEG format;
- Label your digital art file with the title and your name.
- Ex: When I’m 64_Zeb Chelsnick;
- Artist Resume with biography, and information regarding current and previous gallery representation;
- Submissions accepted June 1-17, 2017;
- Jury will review submissions and notify artists via email by June 24;
- Delivery of work to The Pink Llama Gallery June 25 through July 1;
- Show will open July 8, 2017, with an artists’ reception from 6PM to 8PM (artists in the show are encouraged to attend);
- Show runs through August 21, 2017:
- Artwork must be picked up at the gallery by August 31, 2017, no exceptions.
- Sales will be cash and carry unless the buyer is local and agrees to the art remaining onsite for the duration of the show;
- Artist will receive 60% of the sale and gallery 40%.
- Accepted artwork must be in good repair, ready for display and/or ready to hang;
- Any work that requires hanging must be wired;
- Only 1-piece per artist will initially be selected for showing;
- Replacements may be eligible if cash and carry (artist will be contacted).
For additional information about this show, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sheboygan – February 10, 2015
Frank Juarez Gallery is pleased to announce the Wisconsin Visual Artists (WVA) Juried Abstract Show. The work was selected via WVA’s website, which was the organization’s first online jurying process since its founding in 1900.
Join us for an artist reception on February 28 from 5 to 8pm with an artist talk at 6pm. The gallery is located at 1109 North 8th Street. This exhibition runs from February 14 through March 21, 2015.
When an abstract artist approaches a blank canvas the medium is executed with intuition, spontaneity, and emotion driven by curiosity and the need for self-expression. The use of color tends to be in the forefront of this execution resulting in a work of art full of excitement, energy, and sometimes that element of surprise.
The selection of works for the Wisconsin Visual Artists Abstraction Exhibition was driven by the interplay between color, texture, and movement as well as how each piece contributes to a shared dialogue throughout the gallery space. The range in medium gives each work its own identity allowing it to have a life of its own amongst a collection of abstract works.
Wisconsin Visual Artists (WVA) is a not-for-profit membership-based organization made up of visual artists working in a wide variety of media and also supporters of Wisconsin Art. WVA is the oldest art organization in Wisconsin.
Gallery hours are Saturdays from 10am-4pm and by appointment.
Open to the public
Contact Frank Juarez at 920.559.7181 or email@example.com for further information about this exhibition.
Frank Juarez Gallery
1109 North 8th Street
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Featured artists are Elizabeth Amento (CA), Zach Collins (MN), Max Cozzi WI), Tom Dent (WI), Ray Easley (WI), Susan Fiebig (WI), Nina Ghanbarzadeh (WI), Carly Huibregtse (WI), Kay Jelinek (WI), Megan Woodard Johnson (WI), Tonia Klein (WI), Mel Kolstad (WI), Nicci Martin (WI), Yari Ostovany (CA), Janet Roberts (WI), Brandon Spence (NC), Krista Svalbonas (IL), Marcia Thompson (WI), Michael Waraksa (IL), Calvin Whitehurst (WI), and Sara Willadsen (WI).
The Art of Collage explores traditional collages produced from the use of magazine and newspaper clippings, paint, bits, handmade papers, text, photographs and other found objects, glued to a piece of paper or canvas to collages being created digitally produced as an inkjet print or a giclee print mounted on cradle wood panel.
Reception photos by Dale Van Minsel
Dale Van Minsel, photographer
Born in Wisconsin. Currently live and work in Southeastern Wisconsin. Dale has worked with the art and craft of photography since 1978 having served as event and public relations photographer for two local colleges over the course of my professional career. His personal work mostly involves creating unique images using the iPhone and photo apps. I’ve always enjoyed creating “altered landscapes” using whatever medium was available at the time but iPhoneography and photo apps really allow him to create unique images without cost or equipment limitations. He has participated in exhibitions throughout East-Central Wisconsin as well as participated in group exhibits in New York City and Ferrara and Verona Italy. He is an artist member of Sheboygan Visual Artists and a professional level member of Wisconsin Visual Artists.
Vote For ART! A Non-pARTisan PARTy
October 31 from 6-10 PM
Artdose can be found in any of the listed locations below.
Two Fish Gallery, 244 East Rhine Street, Elkhart Lake 53020
Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts, 51 Sheboygan Street, Fond du Lac 54935
Artisan Shoppe by CIFCA, 214 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah 54956
Seranya Studios Art Boutique, 307 East Mill Street, Plymouth 53073
Plymouth Arts Center, 520 E. Mills Street Plymouth 53073
Knaak+Juarez Studio, 1310 Wisconsin Avenue, Sheboygan 53081
Frank Juarez Gallery, 1109 North 8th Street, Sheboygan 53081
John Michael Kohler Arts Center, 608 New York Avenue, Sheboygan 53081
UW-Sheboygan, Fine Arts Gallery, One University Drive, Sheboygan 53081
Sheboygan Visual Artists, EBCO ArtWorks, 1201 Erie Avenue, Sheboygan 53081
Global Arts, 2402 Franklin Street, Manitowoc 54220
Creative Studios, 5199 Townline Road, Sturgeon Bay 54235
Hands On Art Studio, 3655 Peninsula Players Road, Fish Creek 54212
Loft Moth Gallery, 7975 Highway 42, Egg Harbor 54209
Sheboygan Visual Artists
1201 Erie Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
This show features the works of 42 SVA artists.
Participating artists are:
Dale VAN MINSEL